I have been taking photos since the early 2000s and always struggle with where to post them. Social media is dying, so why not host my own data?
Right now I mostly photograph birds with a Fujifilm X-T20 + FujifilmFujinon XF70-300mm F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR + FujifilmTeleconverter XF 1.4x TC WR. Occasionally I’ll post photos taken with my iPhone 14 Pro Max. I have a GoPro Hero 8 Black that I use for video, but it recently took a drink and is currently out of commission.
If you want permission to use my photos and would like higher resolution version, feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Note to Self
I’m never going to remember some of this, so why not put it here.
- Optimize images for roughly 4K resolution
- 4096 x 2160 maximum pixel size
- Use the original aspect ratio of the camera
- 3:2 aspect ratio is standard for most SLRs
- Keep file sizes relatively small
- 1 MB if possible, 2 MB hard limit
- JPG quality 6 will usually achieve this
- Images must be set to be the feature image
- This ensures ActivityPub support